Thursday, October 6, 2016

Literature Analysis #2




1. For my second literature analysis I decided to read "Thirteen Reasons Why" by Jay Asher. When reading the short summary on the back cover of the book, I found it intriguing. I wanted to know what led Hannah Baker to commit suicide. I wanted to know more about her. Reading through the book, I thought that Clay Jenson (Narrator) was the reason why Hannah Baker committed suicide but it turns out he wasn't. Then why was he one of them to receive the tape? 

2. What kept me reading more and more, was the short stories told by Hannah Baker about the people that caused he to commit suicide. Its interesting how all these people did wrong to Hannah without them even noticing it. Which hugely impacted her life and completely destroyed it. Sadly leading to her death. 

3 Being assigned to read a book can take about a week or more or less. It depends the time you have. I know I can't finish a book in a week cause I have too much on my plate. But I kinda started to learn how to manage time. when  I come home, instead of watching television I read "Thirteen Reasons Why" cause I tell myself reading is almost like television. I vision the scenes in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment