Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Great Gatsby Chapter 5 Notes

Nick invited Daisy for tea.

"Gatsby, pale as death, with his hands plunged like weights in his coat pockets, was standing in a puddle of water glaring tragically into my eyes."

Gatsby, Nick and Daisy were in the same room.
- "Gatsby got himself into a shadow and while Daisy and I talked looking conscientiously from one to the other of us with tense unhappy eyes."

Incredulously- in a manner indicating disbelief.

Daisy and Nick went to Gatsby's place to look around.
- "It took me just three years to earn the money that bought it"
- WAIT! I thought Gatsby inherited that money
- There is probably more to Gatsby that we don't know.

In the end of Chapter 5 Gatsby and Daisy were left alone.

I wonder what's going to happen?


No comments:

Post a Comment